How to apply for a Residence in Slovakia
- at the Foreign Police Department (Immigration Police). Personal attendance is required.
NON-EU-students WILL GO ON THIS FIDAY!! (3.3.2017)
EU-STUDNETS WILL GO ON THE NEXT THURSDAY!! (9.3.2017)
What must by submitted upon Application:
Application that is not completed shall not be accepted.
All documents must be submitted in original.
Documents in English language must be translated into Slovak language. The translation must be verified by the Embassy/Consulate or by Certified Authority.
- Application form (around 2 pages for EU citizens, 4 pages for nonEU citizens) should be filled in Slovak, in capital letters (you can download it and also Manual for Application for police for EU citizenship from the page - at the very bottom) - ASK YOUR BUDDY FOR A HELP
- Two coloured photographs of size 3 x 3.5 cm showing your current appearance (if you do not have it, you can get some on the way from Aupark to Marianske square, just next to bijou shop)
- valid ID/passport
- document from school that you got when you came here (must be 'fresh'), you can get it when you ee your coordinator
- document from dormitory that you got when you signed the contract
- financial support:
- EU citizens - declaration of honour in Slovak (download it from our webpage), that declares you have enough money while staying in Slovakia (you can download it from our page, fill it up, and sign it in NOTAR that you find on the shopping street (Narodna ulica) close to train station. Notar is located opposite to DM, next to Kebab, upstairs, it costs around 3 euro)
- nonEU citizens - on the document form school, there must be written that you have received Erasmus grant
4.5 euro fee
Crime record: Only nonEU citizens has to submit crime record from their home country translated to Slovak with apostil (super legalization)
Note for nonEU citizens:
after you get your residence permit card, you have 30 days to submit Medical report (you will go to the hospital in Martin [20km form Zilina] and be examined, this will cost you around 150 euros, but it is necessary for your residence permit, before you go there, you have to make reservation 043 420 3637, unfortunately, they do not speak English so please, ask some Slovak student for help).